In Pru McRae’s second book she brings together the experience of many years of kumihimo braiding to offer a comprehensive range of ending methods for braids to ensure that the ends are finished neatly and securely. Beautiful braids deserve expert finishing and if you find this part of the process a challenge, Pru’s clear instructions and innovative ideas will be the solution. If you have a drawer full of unfinished braids, this is the book for you.
In Kumihimo Endings: the finishing touch for every braid the techniques are divided into six categories. Each category includes a range of different methods, which can be mixed and matched to create a wealth of diverse endings for kumihimo. So you are sure to be able to find the perfect way to turn your braid into a fabulous piece of jewellery.
Inside this book:
- The key techniques required for every type of ending
- How to attach an end with glue or wire
- 7 variations of a button fastening
- How to use loops of braid to create a fastening
- How to use the loose cords to make attractive tassels