The Numbers Business
The Numbers Business: How to grow a successful cloud accountancy practice
SRA Books, 2018
Author: Della Hudson
Free P&P to all UK addresses
The accountancy manual everyone wants.
This is the journey of Della Hudson and how she survived the pitfalls of setting up her own accountancy practice. After applying her corporate experience to building a modern cloud practice, she wants to share her hard-earned knowledge so that others can start up and grow their own business.
This book is a road map that will help a qualified professional to:
- Start a successful business from scratch with no personal or business contacts
- Move from the kitchen table to an office space
- Recruit and train a team of technical and administrative staff
- Create a highly systemised business, which can function independently of the business owner
- Run an ethical business, which contributes to the local community
- Host and speak at business events
- Set up a marketing system that operates even during the busiest periods in order to grow the business organically
- Purchase and even sell a business
“It's like a Haynes manual for accountants taking the plunge to setting up their own practice, a 'brutally honest, heartfelt' guide to building a successful accountancy practice, written by an expert in her field.” Rachael Prideaux FCA – Figure Fairy Ltd
Della Hudson qualified as a Chartered Accountant in practice in 1994 and spent most of her career in industry. Following the birth of her children, Della Set up Hudson Business Accountants and Advisers which, with the help of cloud technology, soon grew from the kitchen table to a small team working from independent premises. In 2017 Della sold her accountancy practice to focus on speaking, writing and consulting for owners of accountancy and other businesses.